Phoenix Home Builder

When we’re working with buyers who are interested in new house construction, we are often asked how good certain builders are about warranting their homes after they’ve finished construction on them.

It’s a valid concern, but as long as you are working with a home builder who is licensed by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, you are guaranteed certain rights. Here below is what Christopher A. Combs, a State Bar of Arizona board certified real estate specialist, said recently on his website about the rights home buyers have after they’ve closed escrow on a new house and need repairs made.

“[…] in general, according to Arizona Real Estate Law, the purchaser of a new home in Arizona has eight years after the home is built to file a lawsuit for the cost of repairs against a homebuilder for poor construction. The purchaser of a new home also has two years after the home is built to file a complaint with the registrar of contractors to require the homebuilder to make any necessary repairs; if the homebuilder does not make the necessary repairs, the registrar of contractors can revoke the homebuilder’s license.

A homebuilder in Arizona is not required to give any express warranty. If the homebuilder gives an express warranty, such as your one-year warranty, the buyer must comply with that warranty.”

We, at The Hill Group, think it is usually best to speak directly with your home builder about any repairs you believe are needed before you file a complaint or a lawsuit, but it’s also always good to know your options. Now that you know there are Arizona laws in place to protect you against uncooperative home builders, you may not need to worry as much about which home builder offers the “best” home warranty. Instead, you can focus on which Phoenix home builder offers the best floor plan for your needs, the best location for your lifestyle, etc.

If you would like our guidance regarding which floor plan and location would be best for you, please contact us here.

**DISCLAIMER: None of the statements on this website should be considered legal advice. If you are interested in receiving legal advice and/or representation, please contact an attorney.**