Here are five mistakes that first-time homebuyers are prone to make. Work with The Hill Group, and we will help you avoid each of them so that your first time is a great time!
- They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and miss out on the best deal.
- They don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house they fell in love with.
- They don’t find the right Phoenix area REALTOR who is willing to help them understand the intricacies of the homebuying process.
- They don’t do enough to make their offer look good to a seller. The final purchase price is not the only thing that sellers look at. Sellers also want to know about their buyer’s financing, if the buyer is asking for any help with closing costs, and the proposed close of escrow date.
- They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in his/her first home for four years, so it is important to research comparable resale prices within the home’s neighborhood too.