Every Valentine’s Day across the country, couples are exchanging cards, gifts, flowers, candy, and romantic getaways to express their love for one another. But what to get that special someone is usually a challenge, especially for the male of the species. So, to make it a little easier, below are some ideas that may help.
1) Treat your amore to a spa service: You may want to consider starting your sweetheart’s day at The Spa at Camelback Inn, which is tucked away against the backdrop of Mummy Mountain. This spa made the Phoenix New Times 10 Best Spas in Phoenix list, so you’re sure not to disappoint with this one. Consider giving their “All You Need Is Love” package. It comes complete with a facial, scalp and shoulder massage, and finishes with a shampoo and blow dry. If this is out of your price range another great spot for a facial is Jennifer Andre Salon, in Scottsdale. Their facials also include a scalp, shoulder and hand massage.
2) Check out a concert: Women love to laugh. Marilyn Monroe famously said, “If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.” So here’s your chance to make the woman in your life laugh. Take her to see Gabriel Iglesias at the US Airways Center in Phoenix on Valentine’s Day. Iglesias is one of the funniest stand-up comedians. He blends a mixture of parodies, storytelling, sound effects and characters to bring his unique brand of humor to life.
3) Dinner and a Movie: If a concert isn’t your thing, go see a movie. What better place to snuggle up close to the one you love with a bag of popcorn. And if romance is your goal, go see the movie Fifty Shades of Grey. Based on the #1 New York Times bestselling book by E. L. James, this movie will really set the mood for the evening. And if you haven’t tried any new movie theaters lately, go see the movie at the Ultraluxe Scottsdale Pavillions which offers an assortment of gourmet movie fare. You can even have a glass of wine while you enjoy the movie. However, if you do, you may want to consider taking a car service, such as, Uber. Check out the article we wrote for more information.
4) Dinner Out: If you love authentic Italian food you will love eating at Veneto Trattoria in Scottsdale. This family-owned restaurant features Northern Italian dishes that are sure to please even the pickiest eater. The ambiance here is friendly, romantic, and casual. Try their fresh gnocchi (my wife’s favorite), delicious risotto, or pasta e fasioi. Their Valentine’s Day menu features an antipasti, entree, and dessert, all for only $45.00. This restaurant made the USA Today 10 Best, and was featured on Channel 3. Check out the interview with the owner, Roberto, and Chef Massimo.
5) Take a romantic getaway: You may want to end the evening with a stay at The Arizona Biltmore. The Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, welcomed its first guests in 1929. But don’t let the age of the hotel scare you. The hotel has undergone many renovations over the years, and completed the most recent re-design and updating in 2014. Every president from Herbert Hoover to George W. Bush has been a guest there, and Ronald and Nancy Reagan celebrated their honeymoon at this iconic hotel. You can’t go wrong with this choice. Choose from their amazing array of dining, spa, and room specials specifically designed to make this Valentine’s Day a truly romantic event.
6) Flowers and Chocolate: No Valentine’s Day would be complete without flowers and chocolate. At least not in our house. For flowers, try Cactus Flower Florists which has been delivering flowers and treats in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area since 1972. Their flowers are always fresh, and they offer same-day delivery if ordered by 1pm in the recipient’s time zone. Valentine’s Day is a busy time for florists, so we recommend ordering ahead of time, just to be safe. For chocolate, try Godiva Chocolatier, or See’s Candies. See’s has been around for 90+ years perfecting their confections. See’s has boxed chocolates, truffles, nuts and chews, lollipops, and sugar-free candy, too! And at See’s you’ll be greeted with friendly staff and you always get a free sample. Yum.
Whatever you do on Valentine’s Day to celebrate, have fun and remember what Charles M. Schulz said of love and chocolate…”All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”